Sunday, September 18, 2011

Photography and the World

For this week's post, I will reflect on the following questions:
  • Why the world loved first photographs?
  • Who were the first photographers?
  • Anybody who inspired you? Why?
I think the world in general first loved photographs because they were able to capture moments that have already happened. People loved how a mechanism could replicate what other people saw. Although it was black and white, it was still something amazing. Of course this all changed when coloured photographs were used. As I read in previous articles, not a lot of people could afford photographs because they were expensive and took a long time to prepare. So it was an honour for your picture to be taken, let alone a portrait of oneself.

I think the cavemen were the first "photographers". They were the ones who described to their tribesmen what they saw during their hunts/explorations. However, mechanically, I believe it was Joseph Nicephore Niepce who was invented the first camera.

My friends who were into the photography business were the ones who inspired to get into photography. At first, I wanted to get into because of the money they were making, but after a while, I enjoyed taking pictures of people just for the sake of taking pictures. There's always a sense of happiness in seeing a candid moment where everyone in the picture is laughing/smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment